(Een vertaling van deze pagina is onderweg …)
Wieni A11Y Checklist
We don't have our own checklist, since many checklist can be found only. Most things should be common sense. However, here are some good practices:
- Every page should at least pass the AA level for A11Y.
- An element its
:hovershould also be its
:focus. Additional styles can be added on
:focusto improve the elements visibility.
- A focusable element should have
:focusstyling. Never disable
- Don’t use
ariaroles if you are not 100% sure what you’re doing. No aria labels are better than bad aria labels.
- What happens when CSS is turned off? Does the website still make sense?
- What happens when JS is turned off?
- Test some of the features website (eg. creating an account, looking up a recipe, …) by only using the keyboard.
- Check the page in high contrast mode.
- Check the page in black and white (
filter: grayscale(1);on the
- Try browsing the website using a screenreader, (eg. voice over).
- Check the website markup using the W3 Validator.
- Use the Chrome Lighthouse Audit to run a fast test on every page wether it meets some basic criteria.
- Note: Firefox also has an Accessibility Inspector in the developer tools.
- All (main) pages should be tested (and improved) using Accessibility Insights.
- All pages should work in IE11, but design can be different: dowebsitesneedtolookexactlythesameineverybrowser.com